Resume - Text Version
Career Objective: I aspire to work in a thriving environment that’s proud of their work but not afraid of change. I want to grow with talented individuals and produce work that fulfills my employers’ needs.
ONLINE EDITORIAL CONTENT ANALYST, THOMAS PUBLISHING, NEW YORK, NY MARCH 2015-PRESENT
• Engage and analyze appropriate content for ThomasNet.com
• Identify new data elements to add to company profiles
• Update changes and write company descriptions using CMS
• Execute extensive research techniques to ensure accuracy of content • Process client and salesperson requests
• Writer for internal company newsletter, “Topics”
Senior Editor, MOD MEDIA, LLC • AUGUST - December 2014
• Oversaw all editorial departments for two bi-monthly magazines: HudsonMOD, a luxury mag and Healthy Living, a medical magazine
• Responsibilities include story development, writing, editing all content, fact-checking, handle editorial calendars and flat plans, and make sure workflow is organized
• Assign articles to 10 freelance writers and manage deadlines for text and imagery
• Hire interns and manage their day-to-day work activity
• Communicate to graphic designers on vision for designing pages. Assist by inputting text into InDesign files
• Writer for various sections: entertainment, fashion, beauty, philanthropy and cover.
Associate Editor, MODMEDIA, LLC • MAY - AUGUST 2014
• Associate editor two magazines—HudsonMOD, a luxury NYC/NJ magazine and Healthy Living, a medical magazine with NJ Top Docs
• Responsible for pitching, writing FOB and BOB, editing features, sourcing images and working one-on-one with PR representatives
• Assisted as web editor and created weekly newsletters
Digital Editor/CMS Administrator, ROLLING STONE SOUTH AFRICA • SEPT - DEC 2013
• Managed South Africa's top music magazine's website
• Published, wrote and edited entertainment news daily by using their content management system Drupal/Joomla.
• Attended Rolling Stone-sponsored events and wrote concert reviews
• In charge of social media accounts, posted hourly using Hootsuite and gained 200+ likes on Facebook and Twitter
• Applied various SEO strategies
• Expanded skills in content producing while understanding the importance of a print publication's web presence
Editorial Intern, WEIGHT WATCHERS MAGAZINE • MAY - AUGUST 2013
• Fact-checker for national weight loss magazine
• Pitched articles on nutrition, food, fitness, and women's health
• Researched relevant studies using science-based databases
• Assisted editors in the entire process of fact-checking and sourcing images
• Utilized math skills to fact check recipes for articles to calculate how many Weight Watcher points it contained
• Wrote bylines for two issues.
• Attended and led product promotion events with PR ?rms
Editorial Intern, PSYCHOLOGY TODAY MAGAZINE • JANUARY - MAY 2013
• Full-time intern at national psychology magazine
• Found interesting studies using LexisNexis, JStor, ScienceDaily, PsychNET, Google Scholar, and other databases.
• Wrote book reviews and FOB articles on the latest studies. Helped the Associate Publisher as a researcher and photo assistant for side projects.
Development Intern, PHILADELPHIA FIGHT, PHILADELPHIA, PA • SEPTEMBER - DECEMBER 2012
• Communications developer for local Philly AIDs non-profit organization.
• Responsibilities included being in charge of all social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) and promoting events and programs by writing articles and press releases.
• Created ads using Facebook Advertising and Google AdWords.
Greeter & Usher, PHILADELPHIA FILM SOCIETY, PHILADELPHIA, PA • OCTOBER 2012
• Volunteer for annual Philadelphia Film Festival.
• In charge of distributing pamphlets, seating several attendees, directors and actors and needed to have full knowledge of all showing films.
Reporter, PHILADELPHIANEIGHBORHOODS.COM, PHILADELPHIA, PA • MAY - JULY 2012
• Reporter for the Kensington section of North Philly.
• Responsibilities included finding stories that focused on crime, arts & community.
• Expected to create multimedia packages for each story: 800 word articles, 2:00 videos and 1:30 audio/visual slideshows.
Arts and Culture Blogger, PHILADELPHIA CITY PAPER, PHILADELPHIA, PA • AUGUST - DECEMBER 2011
• Contributed art & entertainment related articles to Critical Mass blog.
• Produced three posts a week, covered events such as Fringe Film Festival, POPPED! Music Festival, wrote film/concert reviews.
• I also took over existing column: “I Am Woman,” a blog-like column about the troubles of college-aged girls.
Editorial Intern, VICINITY MEDIA GROUP PUBLISHING, FAIRFIELD, NJ • SUMMER 2011
• Wrote, proofread, fact-checked and researched stories for all contents Vicinity Magazine and Suburban Essex Magazine.
• I was published in four monthly issues and was asked to return as an intern the next summer. I worked closely with editors, marketing consultants and the art directors.
Creative Writing Typist, JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER, WEST ORANGE, NJ • JUNE - DECEMBER 2010
• Typist for over 30 senior citizens in the creative writing class at the JCC.
• I worked one on one with many of the senior citizens, listened to their stories when they had trouble writing and then typed out the stories for them to take home to show their families.
Human Resources Intern, TIME OUT NEW YORK MAGAZINE, NEW YORK, NY • SUMMER 2007
• Responsibilities included assisting in clerical work and advertising sales.
• Learned the basics of how a magazine is produced and put together.
• Sold the most magazines and raffle tickets at the SummerStage Festival: The Brazilian Girls in 2007.
Edit & Research – AP/Chicago Manual Style, Interviewing, Transcribing, LexisNexis, JSTOR, PsychNET, Image Sourcing
Web – SEO Concepts, HTML & CSS, Content Management Systems: Wordpress, Drupal, Dreamweaver
Design – Creative Cloud, Photoshop, InDesign, InCopy, Constant Contact
Multimedia – Final Cut Pro, Audacity, Soundslide, iMovie, Vimeo
Office – Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, Preview, Adobe Acrobat, Dropbox
Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr
Digital Analytics – Google Analytics, Google for Non-profits, ADWORDS, Facebook Insights
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Annenberg School of Communications
Bachelor of Arts, Magazine Journalism; Graduated: December 2012
Millburn High School, Millburn, NJ
Graduated: Class of 2008